Monday, August 1, 2011

RETRO ROCKETS - Sketchbook

Retro Rockets ...
Top Left - centipede train - runnin' all day - can't get on, can't get off - centipede train take your centipedes away (obscure song reference ... sorry)
Top Right - One man total body robo armour suit go! I am pretty sure the top of the helmet lowers to seal with the lower helmet in case of ... saay ...nuclear blasts and the like.
I like the little dings in the round feet.
Lower Right - Stopping to walk the dog on Pluto (classic spaceship - classic gag)
Lower Left - Are there sharks on Venus? Dude, your in an adventure story, in a spaceship, on freakin' Venus ... sharks are going to be the least of your problems ... and to fairly answer your question ... yes. Yes, there are.

I love these pudgy little rockets. i just love them. If I were a little bit weirder and a whole lot richer, I would totally build one in the back yard.
OK - forget the weirder part ... I just need some buckets of cash and I am good to go.

I decided to collect all of the sketches and concepts I have been spilling onto the page ... the result being .
eddie wilson presents: STEAMPUNK Sketchbook.
Some of these will be finished as drawings or paintings or sculptures or even costume pieces.
The book itself will be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment